Casio Keyboard Brand
- Casio is a top brand in the keyboards, it is known for it's durability. The PX-160 is a perfect example of Casio’s commitment to manufacturing affordable pianos with most of the functionalities found in more expensive products like triple sensor action keys. The PX-160 is comparatively inexpensive yet still delivers the same optimal.
- There are some brand names that immediately come to mind when we think of keyboards: Casio is one of those names. Since the 1980’s, Casio has been creating fun keyboards with all kinds of cool features, and in recent years, they have ventured into the area of top-of-the line digital pianos.
- CASIOTONE has been synonymous with cult keyboards since 1980. The first model—the CT-201—was developed with the intention of giving everybody the opportunity to enjoy playing the keys — beginners and advanced players, sound enthusiasts and rhythm fans alike.
- A world-leading manufacturer in electronics, Casio has been on the cutting-edge of music technology since 1980, when they first launched the Casiotone 201.
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE|
Originally issued March 17, 2007, Revised March 12, 2009
Firm's Contact Number: (973) 361-5400 Ext. 1352
Best Casio Keyboards
A world-leading manufacturer in electronics, Casio has been on the cutting-edge of music technology since 1980, when they first launched the Casiotone 201.
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Name of product: Electronic Musical Keyboards
Units: About 12,000
Importer: Casio® Inc., of Dover, N.J.
Manufacturer: Casio Computer Co. Ltd., of Tokyo, Japan
Hazard: The recalled keyboards can overheat when in use, posing a fire hazard to consumers.
Incidents/Injuries: Casio® has received five reports of keyboards overheating, including two incidents that resulted in fire. There have been two reports of property damage, in addition to the unit itself. No injuries have been reported.
Casio Keyboard Brand
Description: This recall involves model CTK-710 of the Casio® 61-key full-size electronic musical keyboards. The size of the keyboard is 37-11/16-inches by 14-1/16-inches by 5-1/4 inches. Products with serial numbers ranging from 7030001 through 7040400 and 7041901 through 7043500 are included in this recall. The brand and model information are found on the front of the unit above the keyboard and the serial number is found inside the battery compartment located on the underside of the unit.
Sold at: Wal-Mart, Best Buy and music instrument stores nationwide, in catalogs, on Casio's Web site, and on other Web sites between May 2006 and February 2007 for between $70 and $150.
Manufactured in: China
Remedy: Consumers should stop using the keyboard immediately, unplug it and remove the batteries. Consumers should contact Casio for a free repair.
Consumer Contact: For more information, consumers should call Casio at (973) 361-5400 Ext. 1352 between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET seven days a week, or visit the firm's Web site at www.casio.comAbout the U.S. CPSC
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of thousands of types of consumer products. Deaths, injuries, and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $1 trillion annually. CPSC’s work to ensure the safety of consumer products has contributed to a decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 40 years.
Casio Keyboard Brand Equity
Federal law bars any person from selling products subject to a publicly announced voluntary recall by a manufacturer or a mandatory recall ordered by the Commission.
For lifesaving information:
- Visit CPSC.gov.
- Sign up to receive our e-mail alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram @USCPSC and Twitter @USCPSC.
- Report a dangerous product or a product-related injury on www.SaferProducts.gov.
- Call CPSC’s Hotline at 800-638-2772 (TTY 301-595-7054).
- Contact a media specialist.
Please use the below phone number for all media requests.
Phone: (301) 504-7908
Spanish: (301) 504-7800